“A Widow’s Window” is the first Nigerian family radio talk show with widows at
wfm917. Building the socio-emotional wellness of widows through information dissemination
is key. Our message as we celebrate years of building a voice for widows voices are;
- Widowhood is not a curse as such a widow should not be victimized, segregated,
abused, shunned, exploited, discriminated, omitted or made invisible
- Widowhood is not a club and as such should not celebrated, admired, desired or envied
- Widowed and young; as soon as can wish, pray and work to find a chapter
- Life is best together otherwise God wouldn’t have created Adam & Eve. Forget the seemingly freedom, life is fun in restriction. Churches should please start to preach remarrying of widows on the pulpit for us to develop a culture that accepts it.
- Marriage is the most beautiful experience that should be enjoyed and not endured as such in your marriage explore every opportunities to enjoy and never wish life can be better out of it; remember the grass seems greener at the other side. Behind that widow’s face you see shinning with smile is to conceal of pain and loneliness.
- Widowed, find you in every way, God is great but he gave life of service in the world not just in the church, don’t lock yourself explore your Social self. It is not filled with sin or sinful persons, beside they are the one Christ is looking for; so go get them for him. It’s a family radio talk show with widows where we talk about everything about widowhood; Inside Outside On top & Underneath! It’s where we open the window wide as you see and not peep into her world in pretence It’s where we ask widows to share experiences even in anonymity to; Support and encourage others, Expose and unveil evil, Celebrate and continue life. It’s where we say, find every avenue to live life, his loss is a great lost but the biggest lost is the loss of you while living It’s where we say enough to; Sin of omission Invisible calamity Stigmatized Shauned Abused And all the rest. It’s where we remind men; Your wife is not immuned Nor your daughters, neither your sisters. It’s where we remind women; That the rain that felled on her roof has not stopped failing and it was not her sin that found her out so can and will be another’s turn. A Widow’s Window is a voice that gets the voices that makes the change. IT’S now live every; Saturday 6pm @wfm917